Low-rent metal-work in three easy steps

My plans for a productive evening of xylophone-building thus foiled, dosage I turned to slapping together the rest of the frame-mounting hardware.

Unfortunately, the Hollaender company turned out a couple of SpeedRail parts with nasty burrs inside that kept them from sliding onto the 2-inch aluminum tubing that we’re using for xylophone frames.

I tried grinding out the lip on both sides of the mount …

But no luck. The collar still wouldn’t slide on over the tubing …So I did a little white-trash machining, basically using a half-inch drill bit in the drill-press to bore out the entire interior surface …

And hey, look at that. Almost like we know what we’re doing.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.